Careers Mentor (Future STEPS©)
We have launched a new service called Future STEPS© (Future Skills Talent Empowerment Progress Service) in Surrey. As part of Future STEPS© we are looking to recruit volunteers in the borough of Waverley / Guildford.
The main tasks will involve working with the Talent Coach in delivering interventions and providing advice and guidance on a number of issues including (but not limited to):
- education & training (including exclusion);
- contraception and sexual health;
- teenage pregnancy;
- drugs and alcohol;
- emotional health and well-being;
- mental health and
- family and relationships.
Volunteers will have knowledge of issues that affect young people and experience in coaching and mentoring.
The roles will be based across the entire Waverley / Guildford Borough, working with young people in the community who need support to reach their potential.
Full training on all specialist areas will be given to all Volunteers who demonstrate a core skill base and an attitude which is aligned to the values of Step by Step.
Future STEPS© volunteer opportunities involve working directly with young people alongside trained members of staff. Each opportunity provides volunteers with the chance to develop and draw on different skills and abilities.
As a Future STEPS© volunteer you will have the opportunity to access free Level 1 and Level 2 training in youth work which focuses on substance misuse and sexual health education as well as being fully trained in using our client record database and other IT equipment.
*All volunteers are required to be DBS checked (SbS will pay).
By supporting young people to find employment opportunities that match their skills and talent we will help young people on a career path that they can develop in the future. As a Careers Champion you would be helping young people to discover and explore potential career opportunities.
- Creating and emailing out a weekly Job list
- Providing support to the Talent Coach
- Taking enquires from professionals
- Contacting companies to arrange work experience and volunteering opportunities
- Recording information on the young person record database
Direct contact tasks:
- Supporting the young people with CV writing
- Building confidence in Interview techniques
- Working with the young person to Job Search & filling in applications
- Confident in using Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of local businesses in Area
- Employment rights & responsibilities
To become a mentor or to find out more, please call Dean: 07568109991 or Luke: 07803627396, or email: email@example.com