Wellbeing Mentor (Future STEPS©)
We have launched a new service called Future STEPS© (Future Skills Talent Empowerment Progress Service) in Surrey. As part of Future STEPS© we are looking to recruit volunteers in the borough of Waverley / Guildford.
The main tasks will involve working with the Talent Coach in delivering interventions and providing advice and guidance on a number of issues including (but not limited to):
- education & training (including exclusion);
- contraception and sexual health;
- teenage pregnancy;
- drugs and alcohol;
- emotional health and well-being;
- mental health and
- family and relationships.
Volunteers will have knowledge of issues that affect young people and experience in coaching and mentoring.
The roles will be based across the entire Waverley / Guildford Borough, working with young people in the community who need support to reach their potential.
Full training on all specialist areas will be given to all Volunteers who demonstrate a core skill base and an attitude which is aligned to the values of Step by Step.
Future STEPS© volunteer opportunities involve working directly with young people alongside trained members of staff. Each opportunity provides volunteers with the chance to develop and draw on different skills and abilities.
As a Future STEPS© volunteer you will have the opportunity to access free Level 1 and Level 2 training in youth work which focuses on substance misuse and sexual health education as well as being fully trained in using our client record database and other IT equipment.
*All volunteers are required to be DBS checked (SbS will pay).
A Wellbeing Mentor works closely with the young person to explore various subjects (Sexual Health, Drugs & Alcohol and Healthy Eating etc) and providing information to give the young person the opportunity to make positive changes to their wellbeing.
- Recording information on the young person's record database
- Networking with local schools and colleges promoting services and arranging sessions
- Providing practical support to young people
- Taking enquires from young people and professionals
- Working with the young people in giving informed choice and awareness of various well-being subjects (Sexual Health, Drugs & Alcohol and Healthy Eating etc.)
- Recording information on the client record database
- Confident using Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of issues facing young people
To become a mentor or to find out more, please call Dean: 07568109991 or Luke: 07803627396, or email: email@example.com