Aspiration Mentor (Future STEPS©)
We have launched a new service called Future STEPS© (Future Skills Talent Empowerment Progress Service) in Surrey. As part of Future STEPS© we are looking to recruit volunteers in the borough of Waverley / Guildford.
The main tasks will involve working with the Talent Coach in delivering interventions and providing advice and guidance on a number of issues including (but not limited to):
- education & training (including exclusion);
- contraception and sexual health;
- teenage pregnancy;
- drugs and alcohol;
- emotional health and well-being;
- mental health and
- family and relationships.
Volunteers will have knowledge of issues that affect young people and experience in coaching and mentoring.
The roles will be based across the entire Waverley / Guildford Borough, working with young people in the community who need support to reach their potential.
Full training on all specialist areas will be given to all Volunteers who demonstrate a core skill base and an attitude which is aligned to the values of Step by Step.
Future STEPS© volunteer opportunities involve working directly with young people alongside trained members of staff. Each opportunity provides volunteers with the chance to develop and draw on different skills and abilities.
As a Future STEPS© volunteer you will have the opportunity to access free Level 1 and Level 2 training in youth work which focuses on substance misuse and sexual health education as well as being fully trained in using our client record database and other IT equipment.
*All volunteers are required to be DBS checked (SbS will pay).
An Aspiration Mentor works closely with the young person to realise their future goals and makes positive actions to help achieve this by giving them the opportunity to grow and encourage their interests, skills and Hobbies
Direct contact tasks:
- Working alongside the young person to encourage and to develop hobbies and interests.
- Directing clients to the correct service
- Providing practical support to young people
- Taking enquires from young people and professionals
- Recording information on the young person's record database
- Building relationships with local youth centres and young person's clubs (scouts, drama workshops, music clubs, etc.) to provide taster days and other activities.
- Confident using Microsoft Office, Knowledge of local areas.
To become a mentor or to find out more, please call Dean: 07568109991 or Luke: 07803627396, or email: email@example.com