Accessing Step by Step Services
How to Access Our Services
Who can access our services?
We work with young people aged from 11 to 25, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, learning difficulties, religious beliefs, race or ethnic origin.
Who can make a referral?
- For Accommodation Services (Foyer or Supported Lodgings) - these must come from Local Authority teams. Please contact your local office for more details.
- For Future STEPS© - referrals must come via the local YSS teams. Contact your local office for more details.
- For all other services - recommending a young person for acceptance into one of our service can be made by the young person themselves or by anyone else, such as a parent, teacher, concerned adult or friend.
Everyone using our services will be expected to demonstrate the following:
- a desire to work with the staff team towards the aim of the service they are using
- a respect for property other young people in the projects, the staff team and any visitors
For the safety of others using the service we cannot accept referrals of young people who we consider pose a threat to other clients.
Such threats might arise from:
- violent or aggressive behaviour
- unstable behaviour which could compromise the stability of the project a risk of injury to clients or staff by any means
We do not allow the following items to be brought on to our premises:
- illegal or non-prescribed drugs
- stolen property