Foyer Manager, Basingstoke
What Step by Step can offer you?
- The basic salary is the full time equivalent of £29,500. This is a 24 hour post equalling a salary of £17,700, with 1.5 hours of paid breaks included in the 24 hours (22.5 working hours)
- 25 days of paid holiday plus an 8-day Bank Holiday Allowance (will be pro-rata).
- Hybrid Working available.
- Working pattern can be decided with candidate upon joining, no requirement for weekend or bank holiday working.
- Training and development including opportunity to gain a funded qualification.
- Full training provided to all new team members.
- The opportunity for progression including opportunities at other locations.
- A company pension scheme with Royal London.
- Life Assurance.
- 24/7 access to online GP appointments.
- A health cash plan.
- Access to an employee assistance helpline.
- Access to a shopping benefit platform.
- Car Parking.
Who are we?
Step by Step (SBS) passionately believes in supporting young people who are going through hard times. Our unique step by step approach, providing accommodation, personal development opportunities and specialist support services, identifies and fulfils aspirations.
Each year we work with over 1,500 young people aged 11 – 25 and our managers play a vital role in delivering support to young people.
What would you be expected to do?
- To line manage members of the Foyer team, namely Support Workers, to ensure a top-quality service delivery is maintained and that staff have their development needs met through regular supervisions and the setting of Personal Development Plans.
- Conduct frequent review of best practice and implement innovative approaches to support the attainment of the best possible young people’s outcomes.
- Oversee Step by Step’s unique support delivery system.
- Take responsibility for housing management (including maintenance).
- Overall responsibility to produce and maintain a rolling staff rota. Ensure that the rota is published not less than 2 weeks prior its start date.
- Ensure records of support provision are up to date and accurately maintained for young people in the designated service.
- Represent Step by Step at housing panels, external agency liaisons and other partnership meetings which may benefit the organisation and its clients.
- Manage all finances relating to the service in accordance with financial policies and procedures.
- Take part in an ‘On Call’ rota providing out of hours advice and guidance to Step by Step staff in case of incidents or emergencies.
- To work shifts across the Rota where suitable cover cannot be found, including sleep over shifts.
What is Step by Step looking for?
An individual who has:
- Experience of working with young people.
- A sound understanding of Safeguarding issues, roles, and responsibilities.
- Kept up to date with national and local initiatives, national guidelines, and research-based practice.
- Experience of managing a team.
- Ideally someone who has worked in a foyer setting or something similar.
The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS, along with satisfactory references.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a covering email to Michael.Hone@stepbystep.org.uk.
Back to Jobs