Relief Staff Opportunities - Aldershot and/or Basingstoke
As a Step by Step Relief Support Worker you will work alongside our STEP Workers and Managers to help to fill staffing gaps. You will receive an induction and training to ensure that you have the required skills to fulfil the elements of the role.
You will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS (new CRB) which we will arrange for you. We will also wish to obtain references once we recieve your application form.
Some (but not all) of the key responsibilities in this role include:
- Ensure that you keep young people's individual action plans updated, that their progress is monitored using an Outcomes Star as well as offering information, advice and guidance to support young people.
- Ensure that you form and maintain a professional relationship with young people, acting as a role model whilst conducting yourself within the realms of professional boundaries and adhering to a style of working that will enable young people to achieve independence.
- To fully implement all Step by Step policies and procedures abide by your responsibilities as detailed in the organisational policies and procedures.
- To ensure that all housing benefit applications are completed correctly and updated accordingly. This includes making sure that all changes of information or circumstances such as moving on, staring work or other changes are documented and reported to the Housing Benefit Administrator.
- To report all queries with a senior Step by Step member of staff and ensure that a full hand over is given at the end of your shift.
- To provide an integrated service to young people by communicating key information about issues across the team.
- To practice and adhere to a strong rent collections policy and possess an enthusiasm to minimising arrears and maintaining young people's tenancies.
- To undertake 'sleep over' shifts.
The perfect candidate/s will possess a natural 'can do' attitude and have the desire to 'go the extra mile' for both the young people and Step by Step.
If you would like more information before you apply, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you be interested in applying for this role, please download and complete the application form below. Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU SPECIFY ALDERSHOT AND / OR BASINGSTOKE ON YOUR APPLICATION!
We can't wait to hear from you.
Back to Jobs
Download application form