Self-Employed Counsellors - North Hampshire and South West Surrey
We are currently looking to recruit self-employed Counsellors to join our Counselling Team, supporting the delivery of our service in North Hampshire and South West Surrey.
Step by Step are a young persons charity. We support young people who are going through hard times, including homelessness. We provide accommodation, personal development opportunities, and specialist support services to empower young people and prevent homelessness.
No matter how Step by Step are working with young people, whether they’re moving into a Foyer or Supported Lodgings placement, meeting with a Talent Coach, or seeing one of our Counsellors, our aim is consistent; to empower young people to move forward with their lives in a positive way.
As a counsellor, you’ll hold a weekly caseload, providing short term therapy. You must hold a relevant professional qualification in Counselling or Psychotherapy at Diploma level or above.
You will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and we also
wish to obtain references.
We expect that all team members work towards our VMV:
For every young person facing adversity, including homelessness, to realise their aspirations and reach their full potential.
Empowering young people and preventing homelessness.
Excellence in all we do.
Teamwork through successful collaborations and partnerships.
Honesty and openness.
Ownership of our work, words, and actions.
Strength by building courage and resilience.
Some (but not all) of the key responsibilities that will be included in this role are:
- Provide time-limited and clinically appropriate Counselling sessions for young people aged 11-25 (Minimum 4 hours/week)
- To attend and actively participate in regular clinical supervision
- To work co-operatively and under the management of the Counselling Lead and Step by Step Staff to ensure the highest quality of delivery and support
- To work flexibly in agreement with the Counselling Lead including working from various locations and evening times
- To complete relevant reports, records of service provision and other documentation associated with the Counselling service
- To work within the BACP ethical framework and be aware of and ensuring compliance with legal requirements, internal policies, safeguarding and data protection regulations.
- To assist with the development and progression of the service by adhering to all communication requests and assisting with peer progression development when requested.
If you are interested in this role please complete the application form and return to email@example.com
For more information about this role or to arrange an informal chat, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept applications via CV. No agencies please.