Support Worker, Part Time, Totton
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR STEP BY STEP
- A package of £11,737.4 per annum for 16 hours per week with paid break including in working hours.
- Package includes, a basic salary of £9,593.36, a sleep over allowance of £1,664.04 per annum and a shift allowance of £480 per annum
- 16 hours per week, eight-hour shifts (1/2 hr break per shift paid and included in the hours listed)
- The pattern of work is Saturday 16:00 till 00:00 followed by a sleepover shift and then Sunday 8:30 – 16:30
- 33 days of paid holiday (pro rata for part-time).
- Holiday increases with service from year 1.
- Training provided, plus the opportunity to gain a funded qualification.
- A company pension scheme with Royal London.
- Life Assurance 2 x basic salary.
- 24/7 access to online GP appointments.
- A health cash plan.
- Casual inclusive dress code.
- Access to an employee assistance helpline, including a separate counselling line.
- Access to a shopping benefit platform.
- Car Parking (you do not need to be a driver)
- This is a permanent part time role
WHO ARE STEP BY STEP?
Step by Step passionately believes in supporting young people who are going through hard times. Our unique step by step approach, providing accommodation, personal development opportunities and specialist support services, identifies and fulfils aspirations.
Each year we work with over 1,500 young people aged 11–25 and our employees play a pivotal role in empowering young people and preventing homelessness.
WHAT WOULD A STEP BY STEP SUPPORT WORKER BE DOING?
As a support worker, you will work with young people to develop their skills and talents and support them to access employment and/or educational facilities, whilst continuing to take on more responsibilities and to achieve and maintain independence.
WHAT IS STEP BY STEP LOOKING FOR
- Step by Step is interested in employing people with the right skills and attitude, so previous experience is not necessarily needed.
- You should be available to work shifts (shift allowance paid) and sleepovers (sleepover allowance paid). Please contact us if you would like a sample rota.
- As we follow the safer recruitment guidelines applicants are required to complete a short online application form.
- Successful applicants are required to undergo DBS checks and must provide two references.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this role, please complete the Application Form and Equality Monitoring Form, and send your CV to Michael.Hone@stepbystep.org.uk.
Back to Jobs & Opportunities