Support Worker, Supported Lodgings, Winchester
Step by Step has a rewarding role for a Supported Lodgings Support Worker to join a friendly team. The role is home-based, working in and around the Winchester area.
What can Step by Step offer you?
- The basic salary for the role is £22,176
- The role is home-based with travelling around the Winchester area, you would control your diary.
- 25 days of paid holiday plus an 8-day Bank Holiday Allowance.
- A company pension scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- A health cash plan.
- 24/7 Smart Health access to a GP.
- The opportunity for progression.
- Training and development – training will be provided.
- Opportunity to gain a funded Level 3 or 4 qualification.
- Paid breaks.
- We can be flexible about working patterns.
- This is a permanent role
Who are we?
Step by Step (SBS) passionately believes in supporting young people who are going through hard times. Supported Lodgings provides accommodation and support for young people, in family homes in the community.
Each year we work with over 1,500 young people aged 11 – 25 and our support workers play a pivotal role in empowering young people and preventing homelessness.
The Step by Step team are positive, dynamic, professional, and committed to empowering young people to fulfil their full potential.
What would you be doing?
- The post involves working with homeless young people and host families. You will be responsible for supporting the young person and the host family, including supporting positive move on pathways.
- You will work alongside several professionals and other agencies to formulate positive experiences for young people.
- You will thoroughly assess hosts’ suitability to ensure they are compliant and able to support young people.
- You will ensure that young people accessing the service receive both opportunities, advocacy and that they can develop their skills and talents in a manner that empowers them to go on and access employment and/or educational facilities.
- You will be able to provide accurate and up-to-date records and you will be able to maintain those records effectively on our database.
- You should be able to drive an effective recruitment and marketing process within Hampshire to maximise interest in the Supported Lodgings programme and build and maintain strong relationships.
What is Step by Step looking for?
Step by Step would love to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Social Worker, Youth Worker, Care Support Worker, Foster Support Worker, or Community Support Worker, or if you feel you have the skills and experience needed to be a Support Worker.
- Ideally, you will have experience of working with young people, and familiarity with the issues facing them, this may be gained either through paid employment or volunteering.
- You will ideally have up to date knowledge of services and opportunities available within Hampshire and surrounding counties concerning supporting the needs of young people.
- You must have good communication skills, written and verbal.
- You must have good IT skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, email and entering information onto databases.
- You must be assertive and able to negotiate.
- You must have the ability to handle difficult situations and set and maintain boundaries whilst developing and maintaining positive working relationships with young people and Hosts.
- You should have a full driving licence, appropriate motor business insurance, tax, and MOT. There is a petrol allowance.
How to Apply
At this stage, please submit your CV to Michael.Hone@stepbystep.org.uk.
If your CV is successful, you will progress to the next stage and asked to complete a simple application form.
All successful employment offers are made subject to a successful DBS check.
Back to Jobs