Supported Lodgings Support Worker, Southampton
Step by Step has a rewarding role for a Supported Lodgings
Support Worker to join a friendly team. The role is home-based, working in and
around the Southampton area.
What can Step by Step offer you?
- A basic salary for the full-time role is £21,478 - £23,935
role is home-based travelling around the Southampton area, you would control
- 25 days of paid holiday plus an 8-day Bank Holiday Allowance
- A company pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- 24/7 Smart Health access to a GP
- The opportunity for progression.
- Training and development – training will be provided.
- Opportunity to gain a funded Level 3 or 4 qualification.
- Paid breaks.
- We can be flexible about working patterns.
- This is a Fixed Term Contract until the end of July 2022 – a
contract review is being undertaken in June 2022 and therefore it is likely the
post will become permanent.
Who are we?
Step by Step (SBS) passionately believes in supporting young people who are going through hard times. Supported Lodgings provides accommodation and support for young people, in family homes in the community.
Each year we work with over 1,500 young people aged 11 – 25 and our support workers play a pivotal role in empowering young people and preventing homelessness.
The Step by Step team are positive, dynamic, professional, and committed to empowering young people to fulfil their full potential.
What would you be doing?
- The post involves working with homeless young people and
host families. You will be responsible for supporting the young person and the
host family, including supporting positive move on pathways.
- You will work alongside several professionals and other
agencies to formulate positive experiences for young people.
- You will thoroughly assess hosts’ suitability to ensure they
are compliant and able to support young people.
- You will ensure that young people accessing the service
receive both opportunities, advocacy and that they can develop their skills and
talents in a manner that empowers them to go on and access employment and/or
- You will be able to provide accurate and up-to-date records and
you will be able to maintain those records effectively on our database.
- You should be able to drive an effective recruitment and
marketing process within Hampshire to maximise interest in the Supported
Lodgings programme and build and maintain strong relationships.
What is Step by Step looking for?
- Step by Step would love to hear from you if you’ve worked as
a Social Worker, Support Worker, Youth Worker, Care Support Worker, Foster
Support Worker, or Community Support Worker, or if you feel you have the skills
and experience needed to be a Support Worker.
- Ideally, you will have experience of working with young
people, and familiarity with the issues facing them, this may be gained either
through paid employment or volunteering.
- You will ideally have up to date knowledge of services and
opportunities available within Hampshire and surrounding counties concerning
supporting the needs of young people.
- You must have good communication skills, written and verbal.
- You must have good IT skills, including proficiency with Microsoft
Word, Excel, email and entering the information onto databases.
- You must be assertive and able to negotiate.
- You must have the ability to handle difficult situations and
set and maintain boundaries whilst developing and maintaining positive working
relationships with young people and Hosts.
- You should have a full driving licence, appropriate motor
business insurance, tax, and MOT. There is a petrol allowance.
How to Apply
Please send your CV to Michael.Hone@stepbystep.org.uk.
All successful applicants are required to complete an
application form and undertake a DBS and provide references.
Back to Jobs