Volunteer Commercial Contracts Advisor
- To review and provide commentary on Local Authority contracts, when requested by CEO and the Leadership team. To summarise contract implications for CEO and suggest any contract changes that should be attempted to be negotiated and identify any showstoppers.
- The Legal & Commercial Contracts Trustee/Director will be available to provide initial induction and on-going help, guidance and support and should be copied on advice and opinion documentation sent to the CEO.
- To review and provide commentary on various contracts and agreements e.g. relating to property, fund raising grants, HR, IT etc – as requested by CEO or wider team.
- To act as a coach and counsel on contractual matters to the CEO.
- Recognised law qualification and experience of working in the legal departments or organisations that manage matters relating to contract law.
- Ideally experienced, but not essential, in public sector contracting.
- Ideally knowledgeable, but not essential, of Charity Commission regulations.
- Willingness to devote the necessary time and effort
- Good, independent judgement
- Willingness to speak their mind and listen to others
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Ability to demonstrate Nolan's seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
- This is a very part time on-demand role and triggered by when contracts and agreements become available for review. Typically, a response is required within a few days and not more than one week.
- There can be peaks and troughs of demand, but a reasonable average expectation would be 24 requests per year. Therefore about 1 -2 days per month estimate.
- We can offer training and support for induction into the role.
To apply, please contact email@example.com.
Back to Jobs