Counselling gives you a safe place to be heard and is completely confidential.
Our free counselling service is based on building a trusting relationship with you. It can help you talk about your experiences and worries and how to manage them in a supportive way. Our counsellors are trained to listen carefully and thoughtfully to your problems without judgment.
Counsellors do not give advice, but support you to make positive decisions for yourself. Our counsellors are trained to work with many different areas that may be worrying you including feeling stressed or anxious, feeling down, having panic attacks, being bullied, coping with the death of someone in your life, family problems, low self-esteem, low self-confidence, friendship / relationship issues, hurting yourself, problems with food or eating, feelings of not fitting in, exam worries, and loneliness.
You’ll have 6-8 sessions with a counsellor who is trained to hear you in confidence.
It was nice to be able to talk to someone I didn’t really know, and talk about my worries without being judged.
The counsellor listened to me and provided achievable and realistic methods of coping for me.
If you’re aged between 11 and 25, having a hard time, finding things are getting on top of you, or feeling stress, anxious, or down, counselling may be for you.
Depending where you live, you may access counselling support in different ways:
- If you are living in Hampshire you can refer yourself into our service by completing the counselling referral form. You can download this in the sidebar.
- If you are living in Surrey and are aged 11-17 you will have to visit your GP and request a counselling referral to Step by Step.
- If you are living in in Surrey and are aged 18-25 you can refer yourself by completing our referral form.
The Counselling service is here for people in North Hampshire and South West Surrey. Sessions are held at various locations including Aldershot, Haslemere, Guildford, Godalming, and Frimley.
If you need urgent help or are in crisis, we would recommend that you contact the following:
- NHS Mental Health Crisis Line - 0300 456 83 42
- Child Line - 0800 1111
- Samaritans - 116 123
We would also recommend visiting your local Safe Haven
- Aldershot - https://www.justwellbeing.org.uk/young-people
- Guildford - http://www.sabp.nhs.uk/services/mental-health/youn...
Please refer to the document panel for more information.
Our Work So Far
Counselling sessions were delivered last year.
young people were able to return home after Family Mediation last year.
young people had Counselling support last year.
Launch Chat or contact Paul to find out more about free counselling in your area.